Button mushrooms – 1 cups, chopped, washed
Corn flour – 1 tsp dissolved in ¼ cup skim milk
Onions – ½ cup, finely sliced
Salt – to taste
Milk – 1 cup
Black pepper powder – to taste
Mix herb seasoning – to taste
Water – 2 cups
- Cook 1 cup of the mushrooms in 1 cup milk until it becomes soft.
- Keep aside and allow it to cool.
- Add to a blender and blend to a semi-smooth paste.
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium flame.
- Add onions and roast, sprinkling water now and then, until onions turn golden brown.
- Remove from pan and keep aside.
- Add the ground paste to the pan along with water and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Mix in cornflour, salt, and seasoning, and allow to come to a boil.
- Lower the flame and simmer for 6 minutes or until the mixture turns creamy and thick.
- Serve immediately.